Am I actually mining on testnet towards my generated address?

Hi,

New person here. I just finished installing all the dependencies and whatnot to get the testnet up and running, but I am unsure as to whether I am actually mining.

Here’s a couple screenshots of what I’m seeing.

Also, does anyone have any next steps for the gpu mining. (I’ve got a couple 1080ti’s that I’m burning to use!)

Screenshot from 2018-02-17 20-41-08

1 Like

Hello @ironmanroxx ,

Check this link as well, it’s quite a similar situtation.

In addition to that, Aion Solo Pool has to be used together with a miner in order to mine. I think the easiest solution would be to use prebuilt miner found here. You can check further information here.

Be aware that aion kernel (from second screenshot) is mining through CPU. You may want to deactivate that from config/config.xml. In order to do that Set Consensus Mining to false.

2 Likes

I guess a follow-up of sorts… I’ve been in a jam and just got my 1080s… Do I need to get Nvidia software up and running before I get CUDA… This could be a really dumb question, but here goes it…

@closer Did a write up on setting up CUDA over here. This will tell you how to download the CUDA drivers you need from nvidia and how to set them up. In Ubuntu 16 there’s an extra step. I also had to use a TTY terminal to tun the miner, it wouldn’t run for me in a desktop gui terminal.