Announcing AIONSTATS, for your Aion statistic tracking needs!

Hey, Aion-ers!

We’d like to announce the launch of a tool we’ve been working on to help track various statistics relevant to the Aion Network for the benefit of the community. We’re calling it AIONSTATS.

We hope that you find it useful.

For those of you who run a full node, please consider sharing your data with us so that we can get a more complete picture of the network. We’ve posted instructions for how to do so here.

Also, if you have any recommendations for how we might make this tool better, we’re all ears.

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback!

11 Likes

Very cool! I’ll see if I can share my node data with you.

Suggestion for the site: Make the graphs enlargeable by clicking on them. Also, an https connection would be nice, although not needed.

I got the app running, but not seeing it on the site at the moment.

nice, i will try to install it when i’m available

@august please send me a direct message with your contact information, we can set up some seed node(s) for the tool

Hi, all. Sorry, forgot to mention, the “SECRET” mentioned in the instructions is a password that you will need in order to begin sharing data. Please private message me here for that password.

This requirement is in place for us to have some control over who’s sending data.

Hi guys, I helped develop this tool. You need to update the WS_SECRET in the app.json file. Message @august to get the passphrase.

Alright I got it to work. Thanks.

One more suggestion: That “Got nodes list” when the website loads is a bit annoying as it fills the whole screen, maybe replace it with something subtle or remove it completely.

Great!

And fair point re: the suggestion. It takes a couple of seconds for everything to load, so some indicator is probably needed, but we’ll try to find a way to make it more subtle.

i’m getting the following after the last step:

~$ pm2 start app.json
/usr/bin/env: ‘node’: No such file or directory

@Yashnik make sure the node binary is on your $PATH

sorry here:

yashnik@yashnik-desktop:~/Downloads/aion-netstats-api-master$ pm2 start app.json/usr/bin/env: ‘node’: No such file or directory
yashnik@yashnik-desktop:~/Downloads/aion-netstats-api-master$

I meant on your system path. Do you get something back if you type node -v ?

yashnik@yashnik-desktop:~/Downloads/aion-netstats-api-master$ node -v
The program ‘node’ is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt install nodejs-legacy

i get the same output running “node -v” anywhere. Sorry, I am not versed well in ubuntu/linux lol

no worries man, will figure it out.
Were you able to run npm install? also what happens when you run nodejs -v

yes, npm install did work, nodejs -v returned “v4.2.6”

ok. Try updating line 23 on package.json to:

“start”: “nodejs ./app.js”

still get the same thing.

same thing saying ‘node’: or ‘nodejs’:? Try also updating the exec_interpreter in app.json to nodejs

that didnt work either so i installed what the last output was from a few posts back:

yashnik@yashnik-desktop:~/Downloads/aion-netstats-api-master$ node -v
The program ‘node’ is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt install nodejs-legacy

i ran “sudo apt install nodejs-legacy” and then ran “pm2 start app.json” and it started.

I guess it takes a little time for it to show up on the website?

thanks for your help!