AVM Mainnet Launch - Megathread

Hi Everyone,
Aion Kernels - Java v0.4.0 and Rust v0.2.3 have been released today. The binaries and source codes are now available on Aion Network’s Github - https://github.com/aionnetwork

The new Aion kernels have the Aion Virtual Machine built into them, and to avoid any disruption, your infrastructure will need to be running (Java v0.4.0 or Rust v0.2.3) prior to:

• Mainnet Block Number - 3346000
  • Target date: June 5th, 2019 12:00 pm (EST)

The monetary policy has been updated for inflationary adjustment for mining rewards, below is a quick summary of the mining reward changes:

• Till Block - 334600 ; Mining Rewards – 1.497989283243310185 AION
  • From Block - 334601; Mining Rewards – 1.513791761415494031 AION

To read more about the monetary policy - click here

Please familiarize yourself with the migration process by reading the release notes and migration guides.

Java v0.4.0

Rust v0.2.0

Please note that there is a window of only two weeks between now and the AVM go-live block number to update to the new kernel, and that the mandatory update is for both Java and Rust kernels

If you have any questions or need technical support please use the comment section of this thread

Thank you,
Dipesh

3 Likes

The solo_pool doesn’t work with this kernel upgrade :frowning:

I created a github issue: https://github.com/aionnetwork/aion_miner/issues/43

For now I’ll be switching back to the old kernel.

Hi everyone,

73 nodes are yet to migrate. Please make sure to update your node before

Attached is a heat-map of the nodes that have not updated to the latest versions of the kernel. Please note that http://ipheatmap.azurewebsites.net/ipinfo.html was used to generate the heatmap, I have not cross-checked to validate the accuracy.

73%20nodes

Solved by re-activating rpc in the kernel config.

Hi everyone, last night we noticed a scenario/code execution path that causes a negative transaction amount which essentially results in miner earning no transaction fee, the kernel version referred to here is in Java v0.4.0 and r0.2.3 - the mandatory upgrade versions.
We are running regression on the builds and the release should be available by tomorrow noon. If you have not updated already please wait for further communications for me, if you have updated please schedule some time to update the nodes. I will keep you updated, If you have any questions or concerns here to address them. I will be actively monitoring this thread to answer questions and give updates

Please note that there has been a change in the mandatory Java kernel version number. The mandatory version number for the Java kernel is now v0.4.0.1 instead of v0.4.0 as previously communicated. If you had upgraded to Java v0.4.0 kindly update to Java v0.4.0.1
In other words, to avoid any disruption, your infrastructure must be running Java v0.4.0.1 or Rust v0.2.3 of the Aion kernel prior to:

Latest update is here - Aion Mandatory Update - Change in Rust version no